Hey Loves! Y’all know that I mostly talk about important healing topics like empowerment, positivity, self-love, body positivity, living a life you love and using your voice. Can’t shut me up about it and that hasn’t changed!
Occasionally I get to share some delicious healthy recipes with you, too.
If you followed me through The Cocoon: Empowered Transformation (my healthy living program for people in bigger bodies) then you already know that I am a big fan of SMOOTHIES. Mmm! So easy and a yummy way to get more fresh fruits and veggies into your awesome bod! Well, this morning I made a delicious smoothie bowl using some of the goodies from my Imperfect Produce box.
If you aren’t familiar with Imperfect Produce, they are a wonderful organization that is working to fight food waste in America by directly shipping “imperfect” produce- fruits and veggies that have been deemed too ugly, too small, or too much (surplus) for traditional grocery stores to accept- straight to your home with minimal packaging (another environmental win!). PLUS, they donate loads of healthy food to hungry people living in all kinds of shelters.I absolutely love them!
I made this super simple, bright and delicious smoothie bowl for breakfast today and I just have to share it with you. I hope it will inspire you to add some fresh fruits and veggies to your awesome bod and if you can, try Imperfect Produce too! They are not available everywhere, but we can help them to expand and get good, perfectly imperfect foods to our hungry neighbors. Click here to use my affiliate code and if you sign up before the end of August, you can get $20 bucks off. Win/Win.
Here’s my Imperfectly Perfect Summer Smoothie Bowl:
- Squeeze the juice from 1 orange into your blender
- Add 1 white nectarine, cut up into chunks (leave the peel on but remove the pit!)
- Add a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt
- Optional: toss in a handful of your favorite leafy greens- spinach, kale, or lettuce, OR try slices of avocado!
- Blend until smooth, pour into a pretty bowl, and top with a drop of yogurt and some granola, hemp seeds, or chopped nuts.
- Take a picture and share on Instagram before diving in, or just stir it up and enjoy!